Our client, based in the East Midlands, is a successful and growing business who supply laboratory equipment and supplies to a wide range of industries and education facilities worldwide. They are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, target driven sales professional with a Life Sciences background to look after the businesses key accounts throughout the UK. The ideal candidate will be centrally based with easy access to the M1 and M6
Key Account Manager UK
• Achieve business objectives for local and Global selected target accounts.
• Build and maintain strong business relationships and provide a focal point of contact between each Key Account and business organisation.
• Create and execute business development plans for target accounts.
• Coordinate with the businesses sales and marketing efforts for target accounts in line with agreed plans.
• Make effective use of the company's CRM system as the principal tool in contact management, territory planning and workflow.
• Where required, take the lead in the development and negotiation of contractual agreements with target accounts.
• Provide regular reports on progress with account plan execution.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of the businesses products and services and be able to communicate the value offered by our solutions to customers.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a science or engineering discipline and will have a proven track record of selling successfully to major accounts in a complex technical environment. Candidates will have experience of operating within the management structures of a multi divisional organisation, have good commercial awareness and understanding of key business disciplines and have led multi-functional projects
Ideally based in central England with good access to the M1 and M6 motorways, the successful candidate will be ambitious, self reliant and show determination to succeed. Candidates should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be an effective team player and have the necessary flexibility to travel widely throughout the UK and any overseas meetings when required. Strong PC literacy and excellent organisational skills will also be key requirements of the role.
The role includes a basic salary of £35-40k per annum depending on experience, uncapped OTE of £10k, car, mobile, laptop, home broadband and printer. Contributory pension and healthcare, life insurance and childcare voucher scheme.