Our client is a profitable and growing business selling a wide range of machinery products into retailers and distributors throughout the UK and internationally. Due to continued success they are seeking a proactive, organised and customer focussed person to join their team supporting the retailer customer base.
The successful candidate will play a key role in coordinating, administering and supporting their retail accounts by building on and strengthening, working relationships, coordinating resources throughout the business and ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered in every respect. Working in a team of two, the job holder is the interface between retail customers and the business and is responsible for maximising service delivery and sales opportunities.
- Ensure that the retail sales department operates in an efficient, professional and profitable manner at all times.
- Ensure that all Customer Purchase Orders are supplied in line with their delivery schedules and ensure that they are correctly priced.
- Effectively administer all Accounts in accordance with standard contractual requirements.
- Assist the Accounts Manager where necessary with information, reporting and presentations.
- Manage individual accounts that are passed over by the NAMs.
- Help improve profitability of all accounts through cross selling and up selling.
- Extensive B2B telephone sales/customer service experience
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical approach to work and exacting attention to detail
- Demonstrable problem solving skills and conflict resolution
- Ability to communicate, develop relationships and negotiate with people at all levels
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Desire to learn a wide and diverse product range
- Effective use of Microsoft Office and sound all round IT skills
Experience within a technical sales environment would be advantageous but is not essential. Experience gained through a similar role within the an engineering industry or other technical product would be useful.
- Our client offers a basic salary of £19-20k plus a bonus scheme of 10-15% of salary. 20 days holiday,
- Contributory Pension Scheme (after probation), 40 hour week 8.30-5.30
This role is office based but you will be required to attend trade shows twice a year, at weekends and attend some off-site meetings with suppliers. Due to this it is essential that applicants are drivers.