Our client is a leading name in their field, selling to large and small companies throughout the UK. They are seeking an account manager to join their team to help develop business
Working in modern open plan offices in Derby you will be responsible for managing the sales process from initial enquiry, product specifying and processing orders for same day despatch as well as dealing with post sales activity. The role relies heavily on building relationships with existing customers, account managing and developing an understanding of their businesses and buying patterns.
You will need to be able to identify opportunities for new business, cross-selling and up-selling opportunities through strong questioning and relationship building skills.
You will need to track all sales figures and collate sales reports on defined Key performance indicators in order to be able to track and project sales figures.
You will work closely with other internal departments such as purchasing, stock control and warehouse.
We are seeking successful candidates with the following:
- Previous targeted sales / account management / Internal sales / sales administration experience and success
- A positive attitude
- High level of initiative and enterprise
- Strong commercial sense
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Be self-motivated as an individual but also be able to work within a team
- Self-starter with tenacity, resilience and resourcefulness
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good numeracy and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems essential
Our client offers a basic salary of £18k plus achievable OTE of £3k per annum.
Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00-5.30 with 20 days holiday per year.