Terra Nova Equipment, based in Derbyshire, manufactures and sells a market leading range of high specification tents, sleeping bags and clothing accessories selling to both the specialist and family camping markets. Using the Terra Nova, Wild Country and Extremities brands they are a leader in their field having won several prestigious industry awards.
The company also owns the FieldCandy brand, an exciting range of designer outdoor lifestyle products which stand out from the crowd.
To further promote the brands and develop sales, the company is looking for an enthusiastic person to join the team as an Internal Sales Executive based in their Alfreton office. Reporting to the Sales Director, the role will be involved in all aspects of sales and business development helping to manage independent retailers and national accounts as well as being involved in contract sales exports and eCommerce.
- Day to day retailer account management by telephone and email.
- Prospecting and developing new business following up on leads generated by the marketing department and from exhibitions.
- Customer sales analysis and forward planning, defining and qualifying new business and prospect opportunities.
- Working closely with retailers to help them to maximize sales online and through retail outlets.
- Assisting the Sales Director with management of key accounts for the UK and Export.
- Working on specific telephone sales campaigns
- Recording all sales activity on the in-house CRM database.
- Providing product forecasts and marketing feedback to senior management.
- Working with retailers and internal departments to ensure that product is delivered on time.
- Working closely with other sales and marketing personnel to help maximize sales.
- Opportunity to attend UK and overseas Trade shows and occasional visits to Europe and UK retailers.
This will be a varied, interesting and challenging role where you will be involved in all aspects of sales. The role would suit a commercially aware individual with entrepreneurial flair and the ability to recognize opportunities and act on them.
Candidates will need to be self-confident and articulate with strong communication and presentation skills, self-driven with the ability to plan and prioritize.
You will need to be computer literate with a strong working knowledge of MS Office, use of ACT would be an advantage. You’ll also need to be a driver with a clean driving license and your own transport.
The company offers a basic salary circa £23-25k depending on experience, plus pension, (mileage allowance and expenses when travelling for business).
This position is being dealt with on an exclusive basis by Wheeler White. The MD of Terra Nova has specifically asked that recruitment agencies do not contact the company directly.