Do you have an HND or degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering? Our client is a leading manufacturer of precision tooling for the Pharmaceutical industry selling to companies worldwide.
Due to on-going expansion they have created a new entry level technician role within the business for a suitably qualified candidate to join them as a technical support engineer.
Working as part of a small team, the primary function of the role is to act as technical support for the equipment product range. This can involve answering customer queries by phone/email, supplying requested documentation, visiting customer sites around the world to demonstrate equipment purchased, configuring equipment according to customer requirements. You will also be responsible for carrying out training sessions either at customer sites or at our own on-site training facility.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally recently qualified to HND or degree level in a mechanical / electrical engineering discipline, you will have a good, general, technical skills-base, with practical experience of electrical appliance fault finding and ideally an understanding of calibration techniques.
- Experience maintaining machine tools or similar would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of pc hardware/component installation would also be useful, together with good report writing skills.
- The successful candidate will be expected to take part presenting at seminars and offering on-site training to customers so good presentational skills and customer empathy is an essential requirement.
- Applicants must have a full driving licence and valid passport as the role will involve some overseas travel. The company currently sells into 92 countries worldwide and client site visits will form an integral part of the role. (A pool car will be available for client visits to UK sites.)
Starting salary £20 -24k depending on skills and experience, Contributory pension scheme childcare vouchers and membership of a profit related pay scheme. This is an opportunity to join a growing company that can offer full training and excellent future career opportunities to the right candidate